DEAR VISITOR of WELCOME-TO-BULGARIA
Herewith we would like to introduce you to some interesting tours we suggest. Please do not hesitate to contact us for details and prices
1. MONASTERIES TOUR
In the last few years, Bulgarian monasteries, which are closely connected to the historical fate of the Bulgarian state and nation, have witnessed increasing tourist interest. From the very start, monasteries have gained great importance as centres of the Bulgarian literature and culture and have preserved the nation's values during difficult times. Some of the monasteries, which date back to Byzantine times, have played a key role in keeping up the Bulgarians' spirit and self-consciousness during 5 centuries of Ottoman domination. Others were built in the late 20th century in the place of destroyed cloisters in order to restore past glory and respond to the religious needs of local people. Due to Ottoman invasions or merely to the course of time, only few of the still-functioning monasteries keep their original architecture and interior of the buildings. Nevertheless, the visit of each one of them leaves a lasting memory and a deep impression. Some impose on the visitor with their unique design, others - with their valuable icons and masterly wall paintings, third - with their location in most beautiful and wild parts of the country.
We as Bulgarians are proud of giving you first-hand information and sharing with you some unique photos of these monasteries. We hope that you will enjoy browsing our site!
A 6-7 days tour can be considered as a short tour; a 10-14 days tour can be discribed as an extended one, where you have the chance to see much more. By all means Rila Monastery and Bachkovo monastery are obligatory stops. Rila Monastery is the biggest monastery and was founded by the Bulgarian monk Ivan Rilski back in the 10th century, who was later proclaimed a saint by the Church. Bachkovo monastery is the second biggest one in Bulgaria and is an old spiritual place.
2.WINE AND DINE TOUR
Legend says Dionyssius- the Greek god of wine , was born in Bulgaria! You can taste the unique Bulgarian wines and visit centuries - old wine cellars. We will get you acquainted with the process of wine production in cellars situated in picturesque vineyards and you will inevitably become an admirer of the Bulgarian wine. We propose a tour in Southern Bulgaria and while visiting famous cellars you'll also get to know the Bulgarian cuisine as each area offers typical dishes to accompany the tasting of the wines.
3. MOUNTAIN TOURS
Rugged snow-capped peaks and soft green slopes, cool forests carrying the aroma of herbs and wild fruit, quick-flowing rivers and crystal-clear blue lakes, mineral springs, rare plants and animals, ski resorts and small picturesque villages with living traditions and folklore - every Bulgarian mountain has its own character, fascination and beautiful name.
We propose a tour in some of these attractive mountains, starting with Rila Mountain. Its highest peak Moussala (2,925 m is the highest on the Balkan peninsula. The mountain has 219 lakes, over 2,000 plant varieties and a rich animal world.
Rila mountain is the natural setting for Bulgaria's most famous monastery - Rila Monastery, and the country's oldest winter resort - Borovets where we propose a stay.
Then our tour continues to Pirin Mountain - the second highest mountain, highest peak Vihren (2,914 in), 176 mountain lakes and about 100 varieties of rare plants, including the edelweiss and the famous Baikousheva fir, almost 1,300 years old.
Location of the well-known climatic and spa resort of Sandanski and the latest Bulgarian ski center Bansko.
4. ROSE FESTIVAL / 27.5. - 3.6. /
this an unique trip to Bulgaria, which will give you the chance to:
A/ VISIT PLOVDIV for 2-days (second largest town in Bulgaria )
B/ PARTICIPATE AT THE FESTIVAL OF ROSES
- step in the rose fields
- join the carnival and vote for the Queen of Roses
- visit a rose oil brewery and learn about the rose-oil production
- visit the Museum of Roses
- end the festivities with an interesting folklore evening
C/ CROSS THE BALKANS - THE LARGEST MOUNTAIN IN BULGARIA and admire fantastic views
- visit an open-air crafts museum where you can witness the old way of producing goods where the water is used as a power - http://www.welcome-to-bulgaria.com/etura.htm
- spend 2 days in the picturesque Veliko Tyrnovo, the old Bulgarian capital
- spend 2 days for shopping and fun in the capital Sofia
AND ALL THIS... JUST AS LITTLE AS from 355 euros per person ( air tickets not included )
INCLUDED in the price are as well as:
- CITY TOURS IN SOFIA, TYRNOVO, PLOVDIV
- 650-700 KM drive (divided in 4 trips) in this beautiful country on a private VAN DE LUX
- tour leader and English speaking guide
- accommodation in 3 star superior hotels on BB, 1 folklore dinner with entertainment
- full 1 1/2 day programme in the valley of roses which also includes visits in museums
4A/ ROSE FESTIVAL-2 ( 30.5.-2.6. )
5. FASCINATING BULGARIA / any period of the year /
6. PILGRIM TOUR
7. HISTORY AND CULTURE - 7 days tour
8. BULGARIA - CLASSIC TOUR - 7 days tour
9. CHILDREN SUMMER CAMPS IN THE MOUNTAINS
10. ANY OTHER TOURS ARE POSSIBLE - JUST CHOOSE THE CITIES AND SITES YOU THINK ARE INTERESTING FOR YOU.
We can make for you special tailor made tours in all seasons
WE SHALL BE GLAD TO SHOW YOU A PART OF MAGNIFICENT BULGARIA
H E A L T H T O U R I S M
( ask for details )